Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh Emma

The 'pre' twos have started...

I was touching up a few spots of paint in a room the other day and Emma decided to dip a tool in and try a taste of paint. This was done all in the time it took me to dip my brush, turn around fix my area and then turn back to her noises. She was sputtering, trying to get that paint out of her mouth, holding the tool in her hand. I screamed help to the kids and ran her to the bathroom to wash her mouth out. She was upset by this time and inhaled some of the water/paint that I was rapidly washing out of her mouth. Meanwhile I was yelling at the kids to clean up her shirt, clean up the floor where the paint dripped, and asking for one to grab her a drink. AH!! After calling poison control, we were relieved that she just had to drink water or juice. whew!

So then we go downstairs to eat lunch and get our paint taster some juice - trying to encourage lots of drinking. After eating lunch Emma fills her pants, so I scoop her up to change her. I notice something on her lip. hmmm what? no it can't be.... ugh, after opening up the lovely diaper, I discover a streak mark of poop up her back and a blob on the edge of her diaper. YUCK!! It was poop! I have no idea if she actually got any of it in her mouth... but she tried!

I guess she must have tough stomach for all that ingesting!

Her next favorite thing to do is to lock herself in a room. She loves to push the button on the door... So today she locks herself in the bathroom and unrolls all the tp off the roll. I was just grateful she didn't lift the toilet lid and start playing in there.

This is what she did the other day...

She could have made a bigger mess with all the stuff I have under that sink but she picked the q-tips.


During FHE the other night she came out of my bedroom, strutting her stuff. Needless to say, we had to stop to giggle at her antics. She was quite proud of herself.

As Emma just said, 'dat [m]ee'

5 comments:

Kim said...

Awww!

Jill said...

The perpetual messiness that is a two year old. She's cute anyway!

Cyndee Bodily said...

I totally agree. She is so proud of herself too!

Unknown said...

Cyndee...I haven't checked your blog for a while. So fun to read about the kids1 Emma! Little stinker...guess shes IS a typical 2 year old!! Hang in there! barb

Cyndee Bodily said...

yes... last one was her coming in after tasting the toothpaste. She was totally making funny noises, like it didn't taste good to her. I think she will avoid it now!

For all her adventuresome-ness... she is a blast!