Saturday, May 15, 2010

Marathon

The kids were quite proud of themselves running the marathon at the school. They had to prepare by running or walking 25 miles and then they finish the last 1.2 miles at the school. It was scheduled for a day that really would have worked but it was a little chilly and had been raining so they postponed it. Arg! It was a lot hotter on the rescheduled day. They all had red faces!
This first picture is Eli running with some older kids. They stuck together the whole time and Eli thought they were pretty cool. The next is Rhett coming into the finish line just by the Durham Bull mascot. He was the first one in of my kids and was amongst the first group of kids that ran in. I never could get a picture of Megan running. She was past me when I spotted her both rounds!

Mr. Eli was so excited to see Emma after the race. All the kids flocked around her from his class. She was a little overwhelmed with all the attention. She is starting to tell the kids no when they get in her face.

They thought they were pretty cool to get a medal. I finally got them to throw away their numbers just this last week.

You can see how red their faces are in these pictures. Rhett's picture was taken about an hour afterwards, too.

If I had a better stroller I would have run with them but my stroller just isn't meant for an off road experience.
Oh the fun things we do!

5 comments:

Kim said...

So awesome! I am proud of those kids. Please tell them to quit growing, it is making me sad!

Jill said...

Yay for the runners!

Annie said...

Your kids are so big! We haven't seen them forever! How fun for the runners.
That is funny about your flowers. I did the same thing...so Chad never bought me any. Now I tell him when I want them. And he knows he NEEDS to get them. ha ha
Cute little Emma, too! SHe has so much hair!
Were excited to see you in just a little over a month!

Unknown said...

I agree with Annie. Your kids are tooo big! How did they do that without their Gr-Ma BB ???
HUGS TO ALL>

Cyndee Bodily said...

Annie- I was totally thinking about Hyrum this morning as Megan was tickling Emma. I was wondering how big he would be and if he would just stand there and stare at Megan blowing on Emma's tummy!!
All- I was looking at Rhett yesterday kind of laughing at how big he is. I am thinking he is going to hit a growth spurt soon... he seems to be in that pre-stage. Eli was climbing the tree yesterday and it made me think of Rhett in first grade being the same little monkey!
Time passes too quickly!