Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gift of sight

I am so glad that I have comments to my posts. It is nice to know that I am 'read'. I sometimes feel my thoughts are silly and not worth posting. But I found one thought worthy of posting.


So you might think that seeing the world clearly wouldn't be a big deal right?? Who really wants to see things as they are? Well my Eli got the gift of sight again!

We have had a few hints over the last few months that Eli's sight was not so great. But when Eli and I had a heart-to-heart one morning in bed about what he could see in the room, I decided it was way over time to make an appointment with the eye dr.

When I told him that I couldn't see his face laying on Dad's pillow, he thought it was funny. He would scoot toward me and ask if I could see him now. hmmm still wishing for my own gift!



He has walked around looking over the top of his glasses and then with them on again examining the world around him. We went and played basketball at the church after we picked up his glasses. We were certain that he made lots of baskets because he could see the hoop! Poor kid didn't even know it was that bad.

He is a cute little bugger but now he is just stunning!

Emma wanted to have glasses too. She tried to take Eli's glasses and claim them as her own. As you can see by how she has treated these sunglasses, we are going to keep her away from Eli's glasses!

5 comments:

G ma Barb said...

Oh WOW!!!! Mr. E with Glasses! He looks awesome in them! Like he's ready for college! I'm so glad you picked up on it. I think I was about that age when I got mine...and have loved them so much...I've never taken them off! It exciting to be able to see! It even helps me hear better! Congrats to Eli and a good mama! We'll have to skype you soon! barb
p.s. You ARE read and appreciated!

Cyndee Bodily said...

HAHA! I love that those glasses help you hear better. Maybe they will help Eli as well. HAHA!

Isn't he cute! I think I was about the same age too. I really have been surprised that my kids lasted this long without needing them.

Blake and Tristan said...

Oh Cyndee, He looks great! Aubree is going to need some soon too, but the eye doctor wants her to wait a bit. I am so glad you were able to help him see more clearly.

Cyndee Bodily said...

That is interesting that he wants her to wait. Did he say why?

Brian and Krista said...

What a stud! I can't believe how much he looks like Redge!