Monday, March 14, 2011

Eli's Birthday

We had a fun week of making Eli's birthday turn into a week of birthday. Redge was traveling and basically missed all the fun. So I drug out the fun. Redge flew out Monday morning and this was Eli's birthday. We started the morning off with opening the first present. It is a tradition for our kids to pick what they want to eat that day.

Eli's Menu:
Breakfast: German pancakes,
Lunch: Sandwich, yogurt, chips, banana, apple, juice box
Dinner: Lasagne, Salad, cheesy bread (oops forgot that one), birthday cake with 8 candles please, cupcakes, and cookies and cream ice cream

He wanted his cake to be shaped like a minnion from Despicable Me.

After we ate German pancakes he was off to school and I spent the day cooking. Oh my! I told him that morning that he couldn't open anymore presents because I had to find them. I had them scattered throughout the house because I had been buying stuff for a few months. I knew he had his scout stuff I needed to buy (that stuff is spendy!) and I had a few other fun 8 year old stuff I wanted to get him. So it was accumulating in the closets. Well he asked if he could find the presents. He thought that would be a fun game. We did this for Redge so I think he wanted to do it for his b-day... future fun ideas! Funny boy went to school and told his teacher that I had them hid throughout the house. She asked about it when I took him cookies to share with the class.

When he came home he had to do homework but then he was scotch free... the birthday child doesn't have to work on their birthday. :) I had a fun poster set up in the window with 'Happy Birthday, Eli' on it, my minnion cake was mostly ready and I had the table all set for him. I was hoping all this would help him know how loved he is by us.

We ate his yummy lasagne dinner and then went for some ice cream at the grocery store (we got soaked by the sudden downpour.) After eating cake and ice cream we had a spa night for Eli. We all massaged and loved on Eli. It was fun!

Then to help Redge not feel slighted about missing the fun I had Eli open a present a day. I told him it was the 8 days of Eli's presents. Then by the time Redge returned on Friday Eli still had a few fun presents left and we recreated the dinner and cupcakes I had frozen.

We love our birthday boy!

1 comment:

Blake and Tristan said...

So awesome Cyndee, I am sure he felt super special. Sounds like fun!