Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This and that

Megan has been busting her little bottom on a research project. She really tried hard to do the exact same thing that Rhett did last year. After some talking she found her cool thing to talk about. She got to display her work in the classroom on Monday. She was so proud of her work. She thought it was great that she figured out how to do the shadows on her lettering. Other than helping her find the information, she did it.

Emma is at such a fun age. She is now waving goodbye and hello. Her newest thing is to wave when it is time to go to bed. I would tell her to wave bye to Dad before putting her to bed. So tonight as we are walking toward her bedroom, she starts waving. Love it!

She took a bubble bath for the first time. Initially she was a little apprehensive about all those bubbles but then she was mad about being in there. I think it was just too different for her. I am sure we will try again.
She gets so excited to see Redge when he comes home. She just about jumps out of her chair (or where ever she is) when Redge come home. I sort of feel better when she does it for me when I have been gone. I guess I understand, I like the guy too!

Saturday I got done playing for our Stake's nativity celebration which is huge and involves the community. Wonderful event! Anyway, we play an assortment of Christmas pieces and a handful of Messiah pieces. Great opportunity for me to dust off the old violin. As I was in between the last few pieces, I look out at my cute family sitting there and Eli has his head cocked way back - totally asleep. When I came home, I said 'hey bud, I put you to sleep, huh.' He said 'no' then 'yes, but I am still tired, mom.' I thought it was cute!

What really touched me was when we were standing up after the last number and I looked down to seeing Redge getting emotional. It is moving to play these pieces and seeing his face, I knew it was moving for the audience. We must have done it well.

I remember taking Redge to a Messiah concert for the first time at Ricks... he grumbled quite a bit. I guess I have come a long ways with him!
It makes my day during this time of year when Rhett asks if I will play the violin, or the piano, when they are going to sleep. I guess I like music a bit...

This is cute Mr. Rhett with his decked out scout shirt. This is his last week as a cub scout... now we are onto Boy scouts! Redge is excited to get him started on his way toward an eagle!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish I could have heard you Cyndee! Music's one of the the best parts of Christmas! Glad you get to keep that talent polished. Love you. barb